- New Tech Note -- How to Use the Relays on the Model 106 Ozone Monitors: Our latest Tech Note addresses questions we frequently get about how to use the relays on our Model 106 Ozone Monitors. It gives several illustrated examples of how to use relays to control ozone generators and alarms, and how to use the 2 relays in combination to create a system override for an ozone generator. Check out Tech Note 45!
- Introducing the New Model 211-G Ozone Monitor (FEM): The newest member of our product lineup, the Model 211-G Ozone Monitor, uses the proven ultraviolet (UV) absorption method in combination with our patent-pending heated graphite scrubber technology to measure ozone virtually free of interferences. The instrument is ideally suited for measurements of ozone in heavily polluted air where interferences are likely from particulates, mercury, and/or VOCs. The Model 211-G Ozone Monitor has been designated by the EPA as a Federal Equivalent Method (FEM) as a modification to our Model 211 Scrubberless Ozone Monitor: EQOA-0514-215. It offers a precision of 0.5 ppb for 10-s averaging, a linear dynamic range of 0-2,000 ppb, SD data logging, and other features. The heated graphite scrubber of the new Model 211-G eliminates the need for the nitrous oxide source required by our Model 211 Scrubberless Ozone Monitor.
- New Multi-Channel Option for Our 106-Series Ozone Monitors: A new optional Multi-Channel configuration of our Model 106 Ozone Monitor enables you to characterize as many as six different gas streams. The sequential sampling can be done automatically, using a sampling interval you specify. The Multi-Channel Ozone Monitor is inside a wall-mount enclosure that is suitable for wall or rack mounting in your air sampling system. We offer the Multi-Channel option on our Model 106-L, -M, and -MH Ozone Monitors, enabling you to choose the instrument that is right for the range of ozone concentrations you need to measure.
- A New Free App from 2B Tech: There's a newcomer in the world of apps! 2B Tech has developed a free app for ozone calculations and conversions--the first of its kind. Go to iTunes or the Google Play store and search for "ozone converter" to get the iPhone or Android version of the app. The app makes it easy for you to convert between different units for ozone concentration, and has a full range of ozone generator calculations used in the ozone industry, along with detailed explanations of the calculations. We've also expanded our website to provide these same useful calculations here.
- SD Data Logging Feature: As of August 2017, SD flash memory data logging is now standard on our Model 211 Scrubberless Ozone Monitor and our Model 405 nm NO2/NO/NOx Monitor. We also recently made it a standard feature on our Model 202 and Model 205 Ozone Monitors.
- New FEM for NO2: Our Model 405 nm NO2/NO/NOx Monitor has been designated as a Federal Equivalent Method for NO2 (EQNA-0217-243). In the Model 405 nm, the NO2 is measured directly by absorbance at 405 nm, analogous to an ozone monitor. This approach distinguishes the Model 405 nm from chemiluminescence-based instruments, in which NO2 must be converted to NO using either a molybdenum or photolytic converter with highly variable efficiency. The wavelength of 405 nm was chosen because no other species found in ambient air has significant absorbance at that wavelength, making the Model 405 nm extremely selective for NO2. The versatile Model 405 nm also measures NO and NOx (NO by conversion to NO2 using ozone, and NOx is determined as the sum of NO2 plus NO). More info